Friday, September 26, 2008

thou shalt not covet boots thou cannot afford


I am about to directly contradict my virtuous abstinence post. I'm not proud of this, but it is unavoidable.

I need the Givenchy rip-offs from Office. They are black bandage stiletto boots, and they are my holy grail. However, at 180 quid, they are also an epic fail in the financial department.

Because I have not yet been paid from the average restaurant job (I quit, by the way - I have no desire to be wandering around Bermondsey at 1:30 in the morning after finishing a close shift. Thanks though), I am still converting big purchases into Aussie dollars. And I know, I know, this is probably the biggest faux pas you can commit when living in the UK, but I can't help it. Anyway, it's about 400 antipodian coppers. Ew.

The essence of the problem is whether or not it is feasible to pay that much money for what some may call a frivolity when I am living on rice, vegetables, i-D and dazed and confused. My heart says yes, but unfortunately my head is being sensible (first time for everything I suppose) and saying no, no, no.

However, I'm just about to get my bond back from the last room I rented. The amount is 200 pounds. Coincidence? I don't think so.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments: